Male or Female, being conscious about your arms happens on a daily basis.With spring time right around the corner, it is time to change these thoughts. It’s time to change the way we all feel about our arms in a tank top or in a picture. It’s time to sculpt, cut, and transform your arms into the arms you’ve always dreamed of.
The first thing think about when focusing on arms, is what part of the arm to work first. One workout will not hit all muscle components at once. It is important to layout a lifting plan, so you know what part of the arm needs to be touched upon for that workout. Losing arm fat is a tedious goal. It takes time and effort, along with changes in your diet. Losing any type of fat, I would always recommend to start yourself off with a little bit of cardio. Whether is running a mile on the treadmill, or ten minutes on the elliptical, the steady arm motion will help warm your muscles up and eventually help lean the fat away.
Next, it is important to think about each workout as hitting one component of the arm at a time. One workout will not hit all muscle components at once. It is important to layout a lifting plan, so you know what part of the arm needs to be focused for that workout.
I laid out a five position workout plan that hits every part of your arm.
Arnold Shoulder press
1. Sit on an exercise bench with a back rest
2. Warm up with 2 to 3 sets right before the actual exercise
3. Hold the dumbbells in front of you above your chest with your palms facing your body
4. Your elbows should be slightly bent
5. Make sure that the dumbbells are above your head and rotate it
6. Continue lifting the dumbbells and make sure that your arms are extended above. Make sure your arms are straight.
7. Pause and then lower them to the original position by rotating your palms inward
1. While your butt is in front of a chair or table, place the hands shoulder-width apart. The legs must be bent on the floor, hip-width with the back comfortably close to the chair or table.
2. Straighten out the arms while keeping the elbows slightly bent.
3. Slowly bend the elbows and lower your body towards the floor until the arms are about at a 90 degree angle.
4. Press with your arms back up to starting position.
1. Go to starting position: stand straight with a dumbbell in each hand to your sides. Lock your elbows to your sides while you rotate your palms so that they are facing forward.
2. While keeping the upper arms static, breathe out and curl the dumbbell while contracting your biceps.
3. Raise the weight to shoulder level and hold the position for a short pause.
4. Breathe in and slowly lower the dumbbells to starting position.
5. Rinse and repeat
1. Set the cable machine for yourself
2. Make sure that the pulleys are at the top of your machine
3. Select a weight and once you are ready, stand straight, lean forward and hold both handles
4. Keep your feet together or a few inches apart based on your preference
5. Bend your arms slightly and squeeze both handles together. Use your upper body and pause for 4-5 seconds
6. Slowly bring your arms back to the start position
Spider push ups
1. Start with the standard push-up stance.
2. As you do a normal push-up, lift on leg off the floor, swing it to the right side, bending the knee.
3. Try to touch the elbow with the knee or as close as possible.
4. Reverse the motion then push upwards to first position
5. Repeat with the other leg.
The key here is to keep the core and butt tight.
The amount of weights and sets suggested vary based on your size and strength. If you’re a female beginner, I would suggest to start off with lighter weights 5 lb-8 lb. Male beginners, I suggest 20 lb to 35 lb. Using that suggested weight, I would start off with 2 sets of 10 reps. If it becomes easy, don’t be afraid to go a few pounds heavier multiply the amount of reps and sets.
Overall, these five exercises after a nice 10+ minute a cardio workout will make a huge impact when sculpting your arms. After a workout like this, it is always important to recover your muscles with some protein. I recommend the Recor Nation’s Amino Acid shake. It is a dense nutritional supplement that will provide a full recovery for your arms after a vigorous workout.
Hello Spring! Let’s get Sculpting!